Chris Brady - Lead Pastor
I am the lead pastor at The Journey. I believe that everyone needs to hear about the depth of Gods love demonstrated through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in a way that is easily understandable and applicable to their lives so that they can develop into what God has created them to be.
BASIC STUFF: In June 2006, I moved from NYC to San Francisco to start this church. I had lived in NYC for 20 years. In 1986, I drove a U-Haul overnight from upstate NY to NYC to be an actor. I had just graduated as a pre-med student so you can imagine how thrilled my parents were with my career change. I worked as an actor and director for many years before I was called to ministry and served as a teaching pastor at a church in NYC called The Journey.
BIRTH DATE: July 2nd, 1964
INTERESTS AND FAVORITES
- PLACES: Caribbean Islands; Florence, Italy; NYC and San Francisco of course!
- WHAT'S ON MY iPOD: Decemberists, Bon Iver, Mute Math, The Shins, The Strokes, Pink Floyd, Muse and Simon & Garfunkle to name a few.
- BOOKS: The Bible, fantasy novels (the more volumes the better), science fiction and John Maxwell leadership books
- WHAT DO YOU DVR: Firefly, Top Chef, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Kitchen Nightmares, Judge Judy (I know… I know…), Star Trek: The Next Generation and most nature and science programs.
- SPORT TEAMS: SF Giants and the SF 49's of course!
- MOVIES: Serenity, The Lord of The Rings trilogy, The Bourne Ultimatum, the Star Trek movies (EXCEPT Star Trek V), The Godfather, Alien, Aliens, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, The Matrix, American Beauty, Terminator (I & II), Mystic River, Gladiator, Monty Python: The Meaning of Life, The Jerk, Enemy of the State
- HOBBIES: playing guitar, computers, online video games, gardening
- DISLIKES: Waiting, crowds, injustice
- ODD FACT: Almost everything about me is odd, at least that's what they tell me.
- LIFE SCRIPTURE: "Jesus came and told his disciples, 'I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'" // Matthew 28:18-20
Andrew Crane - CREATIVE Arts Pastor
My name is Andrew Crane and I am the Creative Arts Pastor at The Journey San Francisco. I have a passion for leading the church of God into intimate, passionate worship with Him through music and the arts. More than the arts, however, I feel called to lead and teach the local church what it means to live worship as a lifestyle through the abundant life given to us through Jesus Christ.
BASIC STUFF: I have been married to my wife, Michelle, for six years and we have two beautiful daughters. Grace (4) and Bella (2). Michelle and I worked together at a church plant in Elk Grove, CA (south of Sacramento)
BIRTH DATE: July 9th, 1981
EDUCATION: Studied at San Jose Christian College
INTERESTS AND FAVORITES
- PLACES: Palm Springs, Disneyland, Hawaii and AT&T Park.
- WHAT'S ON MY iPOD: There’s too many to mention but some recent favorites: Matt Maher, Chris Tomlin, Rend Collective, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, Adele, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band.
- BOOKS: The Heart of The Artist, Visioneering, Soul Detox, The Air I Breathe, The Practice of the Presence of God, Who Is This Man.
- WHAT DO YOU DVR: Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, Duck Dynasty, Sporting Events of all kinds (Giants, Warriors, 49ers, USC Football etc), Parenthood, Parks and Recreation, An Idiot Abroad, Survivor, King of Queens, Seinfeld.
- SPORT TEAMS: Giants, 49ers, Warriors, USC.
- MOVIES: The Avengers, Iron Man, Dumb and Dumber, Good Will Hunting, Goodfellas, The Godfather, When Harry Met Sally, City Slickers, Uncle Buck, What About Bob, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Tommy Boy, Newsies, Les Miserables.
- HOBBIES: Golf, Playing with my kids, home improvement stuff.
- DISLIKES: Long lines, Poor cell phone etiquette, being taken advantage of.
- ODD FACT: I am a 365 day/year flip flop wearer. Don’t be surprised to see me wearing them on cold days and maybe rainy days. Love my rainbow sandals.
- LIFE SCRIPTURE: “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
// Romans 8:38-39
Jennifer Johnson - Journey kids director
My name is Jennifer and I am the Journey Kids Director. I am passionate about helping kids understand that Jesus can be just as real to them now as He is to their parents and other adults. I know that God wants to have a real relationship with them now and I try to help them grasp these concepts through our weekly lessons.
BASIC STUFF: My family and I moved to San Francisco from Indianapolis, Indiana in June of 2009 so my husband could start his Interventional Radiology Residency with UCSF. With 5 children of our own, ages 10 years – 14 months, my days are kept busy trying to keep the house from looking like it’s been run over by hooligans and making sure I don’t lose a kid during the slew of drop-off/pick-up routines and errands I have to run. I have always volunteered in the children’s ministries of whatever church was home for us and shortly after we decided to call The Journey our home I felt called to serve in Journey Kids. My husband and I agreed that we felt God nudging me in that direction so I told Pastor Chris he “had to give me the job”. Thankfully he agreed and I came aboard in October of 2011.
BIRTH DATE: July 21st, 1980
EDUCATION: Indiana University – Secondary Education Major (no degree); YWAM – Discipleship Training School, Denver.
INTERESTS AND FAVORITES
- PLACES: India, Hawaii. I’ve enjoyed anywhere I’ve had the privilege of traveling and hope to do much more of it in the future.
- WHAT'S ON MY iPOD: I usually listen to Pandora and I have a “Little Wonders” station and a “Hillsong/Delirious” station that I listen to all the time
- BOOKS: Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis, The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Chronicles of Xanth by Piers Anthony, I could keep going but I’ll stop there...
- WHAT DO YOU DVR: Modern Family, Chopped, Firefly
- SPORT TEAMS: Florida Gators & Indianapolis Colts
- MOVIES: My Life, Philadelphia Story, Hatari!, Sneakers, Spy Game, Serenity.
- HOBBIES: With 5 kids I don’t have much time for hobbies at the moment but when I do get some free time you’ll likely find me with a book (or 3).
- DISLIKES: Annoying drivers. Cancelled Firefly.
- ODD FACT: I usually cut my hair once a year and then let it grow out again. I am currently growing it out in honor of a friend’s daughter who is fighting cancer. I’ll cut it when her treatment is finished.
- LIFE SCRIPTURE: “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ // Matthew 25:35- 40
Oscar Platero - PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
Hi, I'm Oscar and I am the production team leader at The Journey. I believe that everyone has been created by God to have a personal & fulfilling relationship with Him and that He sent His son Jesus in order to demonstrate His love for us and to teach us how to live out God's purpose for our lives..
BASIC STUFF: I was born & raised in San Francisco. My journey with Jesus first began on Halloween night 1993. I began attending The Journey in 2008 and have spent the last few years not only growing in my faith but in becoming a better friend, father, employee and leader. I am blessed to be Diego's dad, who is 7.
BIRTH DATE: July 1, 1977
INTERESTS AND FAVORITES
- PLACES: Jerusalem, El Salvador, Caribbean Islands, Italy, Australia, among others.
- WHAT'S ON MY iPOD: Too many but recently, Andy Mineo, Group 1 Crew, Salvador, Sanctus Real, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, anything Chill Out/Lounge.
- BOOKS: The Bible, personal/leadership development books such as The Magic of Thinking Big, Personality Plus, The ManCode, Resolved: 13 Resolutions for Life, Enchantment, etc.
- WHAT DO YOU DVR: All time faves like Friends, Charmed, How I Met Your Mother....recent shows like New Girl, Up All Night, Grimm, Elementary, Ben & Kate
- SPORT TEAMS: SF Giants!
- MOVIES: Garden State, Labyrinth, Legend, JESUS, The Bourne Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, Memento, Scarface, Good Will Hunting, Serendipity, Punch Drunk Love, Aladdin and many more
- HOBBIES: Reading, baseball, writing & rehearsing songs
- DISLIKES: Negativity, dishonesty, injustice
- ODD FACT: I spent three weeks in Taiwan as part of a student exchange program and experienced a typhoon while there!
- LIFE SCRIPTURE: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." //Colossians 3:12